Friday, September 28, 2007

The Art Of Forgiveness

Forgiveness is not one of the most easy things to do or expect someone else to do. Our past has a way of reminding us of the mess we made, it seems that people love to remember the bad things and not the good things about us. I look at forgiveness as a way to help me continue to build and strengthen myself. I look at forgiveness as a way of releasing unnecessary anger, hate, and rage which can only hold me back from growing into a better person. When people have a problem forgiving you don't get discourage, don't give them the comfort of seeing you respond in a negative manner. What they don't realize is that in order for you to approach them you had to go through the same process they now need to forgive you. I realize that the ones who cry "Lord,Lord" are simply fooling themselves. Why expect God to forgive you for your mistakes if you can't forgive your neighbor. I believe that today is as good a day to practice what I preach. I want the lady who has been writting me in anger to know that I am truly sorry if I have known you in the past and caused you any hardship. I want you to know that my life has not always been that of a good person. I am sure that along the way I stepped on lots of people and they stepped on me. I have made a tremendous amount of mistakes that I am trying extremely hard to change. I hope you can forgive me whoever you are. I also hope that God blesses you with lots of happiness and joy. I may never see you but I want you to know that lessens can be taught by anyone at any time. Thank you and may god pour out his blessings on you .
Not such a bad person anymore, Ron Eddings

No comments: