Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Art of Forgiveness

Forgiveness is not one of the most easy things to do or expect someone else to do. Our past has a way of reminding us of the mess we made, it seems that people love to remember the bad things and not the good things about us. I look at forgiveness as a way to help me continue to build and strengthen myself. I look at forgiveness as a way of releasing unnecessary anger, hate, and rage which can only hold me back from growing into a better person. When people have a problem forgiving you don't get discourage, don't give them the comfort of seeing you respond in a negative manner. What they don't realize is that in order for you to approach them you had to go through the same process they now need to forgive you. I realize that the ones who cry "Lord,Lord" are simply fooling themselves. Why expect God to forgive you for your mistakes if you can't forgive your neighbor.

2 comments:

Ron Eddings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.