Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Little Katie It's Okay To Cry!

I met the sweetiest little girl today with tears in her eyes, her name was katie and her tears came out of concern for her mother,Kim who was bieng treated. I don't know exactly what attracted me to little katie but whatever it was prompted me to write this story. As a parent the thing that keeps us going is the love of our children and seeing little Katie reminded me of the love I have for my mother and my family. At that very moment I realized just how special I am to my kids and this little girl taught me a big lesson whether she realize it or not. Little Katie the love that you showed for your mother is all the strength she needs to get through this. I admire you and I am honored to know you.I see in your eyes not just a tear but love that will one day create goodness and happiness in anything you touch. LIttle Katie there is more power in one of your tears than all the oceans.Hey! it's okay to cry. To Dillon, Take care of your little sister and always protect her and remember it's okay for you to cry also.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ron! I'm Katie's grandmother and was with her on the elevator. I really appreciate that you took your time to say a few words to Katie and Dylon, and then post this little story about them. Your gesture was a bright spot in an unusally dim week for these two kids, and I can't tell you how much it has meant to them and to their Mom. God sends angels to us at just the right time, and on Tuesday afternoon, I think you were an Angel for the kids.

Good luck with all of your goals! I'm enjoying reading your other stories, and I hope you will continue to reach out to strangers!!

Thanks, again!
Jean Perryman

Anonymous said...

Ron you are a splender in the grass. The story you wrote to those children made me cry tears of joy and comfort. I know that family had to be comforted by your kind words. You must be one of god's angels to write words like that. May god bless and keep you.

Anonymous said...

i also had tears in my eyes after reading its okay to cry katie. i find most amazing is that culture and color can find the love and words to make a difference. children are so inocient and ron you may change these childrens thoughts and attitudes for life. god bless you. j